Wednesday, June 30, 2010

From the Land over the Rainbow Bridge

This is Aria's birthday fairy - her old friend from the land over the rainbow bridge before she came to visit Mama and Dadda. She is waiting to be named by the birthday girl.

 Those dread locks took quite a while... and so did the hands! I underestimated just how much of an undertaking this project was!

She is FAR bigger than anything I've attempted before!
 
 I couldn't get a really accurate representation of the colours today. It was overcast and raining the wholetime :( - I'll have another go on a dryer day!
 
 Her legs are moveable and can be positioned in a few different poses and I've aimed for a tie dyed look with her clothes (I'm not sure if you can tell in these photos). I hope the birthday girl enjoys meeting her friend on her big day. I'm sure there will be lots of cuddles and kisses:)

With love and light,
xxx

4 comments:

Vic said...

Oh my gosh, she is amazing! Well done!

momma rae said...

she is stunning!!! bravo mama!

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! I have to say, I absolutely love the dread locks! Everytime you finish a project like this, you make me want to learn doing this wonderful craft more and more :)

Bending Birches said...

oh it is quite beautiful...I am also working on a birthday angel for our son:)